The Garmin Vivofit Jr. is a great smartwatch for kids. No Smartwatch is without its faults and sometimes its not always obvious how to fix common problems.
In this article I cover some common problems with the Garmin Vivofit Jr. and how to easily overcome them.
Can I Replace The Band On My Garmin Vivofir Jr.?
Yes the bands are easily replaceable. Garmin have designed this smartwatch well and have considered all the knocks scrapes and eventualitys the watch will encounter.
Here is how to replace the band.
- Simply pop the smartwach out of the band by pushing it out from behind.
- With the new band simply line up the arrow on the watchface with the arrow on the band
Where Can I Purchase Replacement Bands For My Garmin Vivofit Jr?
The choice is literally huge, not only are there original replacements from Garmin but there are a number of compatible bands. Here are just some examples.
Garmin Camo Band
Moko Compatible Silicone Bands
Chofit Replacement Bands
How To Reset Garmin Vivofit Jr Smartwatch?
Resetting the device for any reason is very easy. Hold the device key for 10 seconds until the screen goes off. Then let go of the button.
Garmin Vivofit Jr. Will Not Switch On?
The device not switching on is a common problem. Although the battery lasts up to 1 year it can die sooner. Try replacing the battery.
How To Replace The Battery In Garmin Vivofit Jr.?
The Garmin Vivofit Jr uses a CR1632 battery. These can be purchased from many stores and also available on Amazon. I also have a detailed guide on how to replace the battery in a Garmin Vivofit Jr.
- Remove the Watch Face from the Watch band by simply pushing it out from behind.
- Use a screwdriver to undo the 4 screws on the back of the watch face
- User a flat head screwdriver to remove the back panel of the watch
- Insert a new CR1632 Battery making note of the correct way. Flat side facing outwards
- Check the rubber seal on the back of the watchface
- Replace the back panel of the watch
- Using a screwdriver tighten the 4 screws
- Push the watch face back into the silicone band
How To Pair the Garmin Vivofit Jr. To A Smartphone
The garmin connect app support iphone and android smartphones. Connecting your smartphone to your Vivofit Jr. is easy.
- Parents need to signup with a garmin connect account
- Install the vívofit jr. app from the app or play store
- Login to the app using your garmin account you created in step 1.
- Follow in the in app instructions
- On your vivofit Jr Device hold the button until you get the wifi icon.
I enjoy technology and helping people so if you have a different problem please contact me and I will do what I can to help. I will update this article if I find any further common problems.